May 09, 2010

The Star

The Star
by Julsitos

You were once the star that guided me
whose firmament remains strong and true
where your light shines upon my compass,
illuminating and new.

As I borne upon the winds of change
coursing and blowing my sails from sea to sea
and yet my star twinkles in the night
beckoning its siren song to me.

But through the years I grew attached
to the thought that she is set
upon the crown that shines so bright,
her guidance I do not regret.

Still I thought that all is fine
my star continued smiling radiantly
to the earth that holds her very dear
with her fire caring patiently.

Alas! Her light that shines for me
began to flicker and to dance
Alarm was I that I scoured the heavens
the cause for this awful chance.

The star I knew, I have discovered,
has spent her remaining rays
never telling that she is tiring
her once so brilliant days.

And in despair I tried to fix
and stoke the remaining light
but just like the ebbing of the evening shore,
my star longs her return to night.

And when the dimming of her light
extinguishes what is above
to die, and never to behold
the star that I once loved.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Pia. You have made my eyes misty. Hope you can join our poetry blogs with poets from all around the world.